Frequent flooding also decreases the phosphorous, oxygen, and pH levels of the soil. These three important factors are essential for the health and productivity of plants, trees, and other softscape elements in the landscape.
This is why we at Patio Pool and Fence, LLC strive to provide our Louisiana clients with professional and quality services. We understand the importance of highly functional drainage systems for the health and beauty of your landscape, as well as the safety and structural integrity of your home or establishment.
Types of DrainageDrainage systems can be classified into surface and subsurface. Surface drainage is recommended for areas that experience torrential rains and low soil absorption such as:
- Drainage swales. These shallow, sloped canals collect and direct surface water away from your building’s foundation towards streets or ponds.
- Dry creek beds. These are made up of rocks, boulders, plants, and stepping stones that divert and absorb water without eroding the surface.
- Downspout extensions. These are also called down pipes, which function by collecting rain water from your roof and directing it away from your building’s foundation.
- Channel Drains. These drains are long and narrow and are usually installed near patios, buildings, and pool surrounds. Water is directed towards an underground pipe.
Areas that have denser soils or those prone to erosion, however, may not benefit from the same type of drainage. They require sub surface drains like:
- French drain. A French drain collects water through a bed of gravel, directs it to the perforated pipe underneath, and spills it out to a lower area where no plants or structures will be affected.
- Mole drain. The mole drain doesn’t use an underground piping system. It’s done by tunneling through the land underneath. This is used for areas where French drains are not possible.
- Interceptor drains. These are installed in slopes or below springs to prevent spring water from entering an area.
Best Drainage Systems for Your PropertyAlthough we can design and install all these drainage types, we will only recommend the one that best fits your soil’s quality, your area’s topography, and the plants and trees within it. This is why we first conduct an ocular inspection before we design a project. If necessary, we will grade your soil, relocate trees, or create a route that will not damage the existing structures and elements in your property. We check and double check your area to make sure that no buried or hidden barriers will be affected, particularly gas and wiring installations.
We take extra care in using the right size of pipes and aggregate materials to ensure that your drainage will function efficiently. We inspect all of our materials before and during installation to prevent early breakage, which may later lead to leakages. Ultimately, expect that you’ll be getting the best outlet pipes, animal guards, drain crossings, and other vital components.
Why let your beautiful home and landscape suffer the brunt of flooding when you can do something about it? At Patio Pool and Fence, LLC, we can handle this problem and provide efficient solutions. We can install, repair, upgrade and even maintain your existing drainage system. Call us now.